Tuesday, December 14, 2010

so many journals....

...so little time, especially this time of year!  Believe it or not, this is a helpful holiday topic, journals, journals, journals!  I LOVE MY JOURNALS, all of them! This pile represents the many directions my creative curiosities take me.  I draw, doodle, write, paint, mist, layer, color, and more.  It's a mood thing.  Sometimes you're in the mood to do one artsy thing, or another artsy thing.  Don't be afraid to explore, "be all over the place" with your experiments and techniques.  It will help you find your creative passion, some things will feel more natural and gratifying, and others will leave you frustrated. 







...especially this time of year, use your journals to reduce stress, take deep breaths, sneak off and clear your holiday head.  It's very therapeutic.  That's the beauty of journaling, you have page after page to try new things and find your artistic voice, and put your head and heart in a good place.  Sighhhhh.........


DECEMBER DAILY (pretending) #12

6 comments:

  1. Maybe some day I will actually start an art journal...maybe some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to learn how to make art journals. I honestly don't know how to do it. Your journals look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your art journals! I'm sorely neglecting mine because I'm so swamped with Christmas projects...can't wait 'til it's over so I can do more art and journaling play!

    ♥Anita
    Because thy loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
    Psalm 63:3
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :)

    seeing these photos, I will for sure commit to starting one next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your journals are wonderful! I love your doodles and hand-writing!

    ReplyDelete