Thursday, October 22, 2015

...mixed media fabric play

Have you seen this yet?  
My sweet friend Rebekah Meier recently launched an incredible mixed media art and fabric line of products.  She's taken all the guess work out of sizing, substrates and materials to create creative mixed media textile art.  These products are easily available at JoAnn Fabrics and Micheals Stores nationwide.  The Fabric Elements collection includes pre-cut fabric, stencils, paper, wools, flags, banners and more.
Show here is my favorite product in the line,   the tone on tone white fabric that I painted with DyeNaFlow dyes.  In preparing this mini quilt I painted a flower image over the words and the messages instantly appeared!  It was like a treasure hunt!


I then used my new BERNINA Q20 machine to free motion quilt aaround the images with a gold thread.  As I completed each step, the visual actually appears THREE layers on a single fabric, you see 1)  the white lettering, 2) the painted flowers and then 3) the free motion stitching outlines.


You know how much i love COLOR, so I added Rebekahs dotted fabric as a border.  
It really is nice and straight!!

Head on over to FABRIC ELEMENTS and check out the entire line. 
 Visit Rebekah's blog for tons of fun ideas
 and enjoy her beautiful art work, she's amazingly talented.  
So proud of you Rebekah and your incredible vision!!

5 comments:

  1. oh, i will! lovely, bold color! very cool, and you won't be surprised to hear me say, "oh how i love what you did to that thing!" keep on... keepin' on my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks like loads of fun, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Trying to figure out how you got the white words on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this post. This blog is great check it out.
    Company Leased Car Policy Ibm

    ReplyDelete